This easy Instant Pot Shakshuka is made with gently poached eggs in a simmering mixture of tomatoes, bell peppers, onions, feta cheese, and garlic. A few warm spices and some fresh herbs complete this satisfying one-pot dish!
This Instant Pot Shakshuka is healthy, gluten-free, nutritious, and satisfying. It’s also so easy and quick to make, and the best part, it’s made in only one dish!
Can I make the Instant Pot Shakshuka in a pan?
Yes, you can! It might take a bit longer, but you definitely can. Fry all the veggies on the pan, the same as you would do with the Instant Pot. Add the tomatoes and water, simmer. Make the holes and add eggs, simmer under a cover until the eggs are ready.
They both are great options, it just depends on what’s work for you best. I go between Instant Pot and a regular pan all the time.
The advantage of preparing this dish in a regular pan is that it will be easier to control the eggs. Meaning, if you want to have a more of a runny egg, it will be easier to see the texture and adjust your cooking time.
- tomato sauce – there are many options here, you can use tomato sauce, canned tomatoes, marinara sauce, or even fresh tomatoes. It depends on what you like the best, or what you currently have in your kitchen,
- kale – any greens will work here; spinach, kale, collard greens, beet leaves, etc.
- feta cheese – you can substitute it with goat cheese, mozzarella, or any kind of other cheese; however, I do think feta fits here the best.
- bell pepper – use any kind of veggies you want, you can use green or orange bell pepper or no bell pepper at all.
One of my favorite things about this dish is the fact that as long as you have some kind of tomatoes and eggs in it, you can substitute the rest the way you want it. It’s a perfect meal to use up some of the veggies that are ready for departure from your fridge.
What to serve the Instant Pot Shakshuka with?
It will taste great with a freshly baked bread, garlic bread or a toast! You can also take a bit different approach and serve it with naan or pita bread.
Now, grab your ingredients and make this delicious shakshuka!
Looking for more breakfast ideas?
- S’mores Instant Oatmeal
- Coconut – Raspberry Oatmeal
- Roasted Pepper – Feta Spread
- Lemon – Ricotta Pancakes