It’s an incredibly easy Creamy Cherry Tomato Pasta to make with plenty of cherry tomatoes, red onion, and garlic, a spicy kick from red pepper flakes, finished with the creaminess of heavy cream.
The perfect blend of red bell pepper, red onion, herbs, and cream sauce in this pasta is one of our favorite dishes to make and comes together quickly!
You can add ground turkey or beef if you want to add some extra protein. For the vegetarian option, you can add some chickpeas, beans, or lentils.
Creamy Cherry Tomato Pasta Substitutions
- Pasta – use pasta of your choice; it can be linguine, spaghetti, rigatoni, up to you.
- Heavy Cream – you can use half-and-half or even milk; each will give you a bit different creaminess levels. Personally, heavy cream works the best for me in this recipe.
- Protein – You can add ground turkey or beef if you want to add some extra protein. For the vegetarian option, you can add some chickpeas, beans, or lentils.
Should you rinse the pasta?
Pasta should never, ever be rinsed. The starch in the water is what helps the sauce stick to your pasta. You can drizzle a little oil on the cooked pasta to keep it from sticking and let it cool on its own. However, if you’re adding a sauce (and do it right away), there is no need to add anything.
Can I freeze leftovers?
Absolutely! You can also make an extra batch and freeze the whole dish. The best way to do it is to use Foil Pans with Lids.
To reheat: preheat the oven to 350F and bake for 20 minutes. Check with a fork if it’s fully reheated and warm inside. You can sprinkle some additional cheese on the top!
Looking for more delicious dinner recipes?
- Spaghetti Squash Pad Thai
- Rustic Vegetarian Mushroom Soup
- Vegetable Stuffed Portabello Mushroom
- Baked Spaghetti Squash Carbonara